Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Adventures in Curry

I wanted a really light meal the other night, so I searched for a vegetable curry recipe. I found one on cooks.com, I can't find the original recipe, but as usual, I made changes based on what I had in the cupboard, so here is my version.


1 bag 90 second Uncle Ben's classic rice.
1 yellow squash
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1/2 an english cucumber
1 shallot
2 cloves garlic
1/2 can pineapple w/ juice
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp Thai peanut sauce
1 tbsp Curry power
















Chop the veggies and stir-fry them in the EVOO and peanut sauce. Set aside. Heat shallot and garlic in pan, add pineapple and juice, boil. Add curry powder and boil, add veggies back in and boil, then simmer for ten min.

Spread rice in a serving dish and top with veggies.

It was really good, but I'd add more curry powder next time or maybe a jalapeno. I might also add some nuts of some sort and I would use a red pepper for color. I used green and yellow b/c that was what I had, so it annoyed me that everything was so green and yellow in it.

No comments: